Saturday, June 30, 2012

4th of July Cake

Of all days to decide to bake a cake, I pick the day that in my car was reading 108F.  What is going on with this weather. 

Tomorrow, our church is having a 4th of July picnic inside, due to the heat.  I feel as though I have been lacking in participation in activities due to school, I finished my homework and I let baked a cake.  So proud of myself.   Well, I let Kayla mix the cake, she was my big helper.  So glad to have her home from youth camp :)

I found a cake that seemed to be pretty popular on Pinterest.  I will link to it tomorrow after I cut the cake, just in case mine turns out ugly.  But for now I want it to be a surprise!!

I started with 2 white cake mixes and doubled the needed ingredients from the box. 


The ingredients!  Picture taken with instagram with a blue ambiance!

Kayla pouring the mix into the mixer!

Kayla posing for the camera

Adding a little red food coloring



Now a little blue!
Popped 3 cake pans in the  GE Advantium Over-the-Range Oven

Set the oven to cook at 350 for 35 min.
And that was it.  All three cake pans cooking at once.  They were all done in 35 min.  There was no pre-heating involved.  There was no heat being emitted like I would have in my regular oven.  There is no way I could have baked a cake in my range oven!  I probably could have taken them out sooner.

The GE Advantium Over-the-Range Oven allows for convection baking.  This lets you  to cook foods the same way as a range oven, using an
element to heat the air inside the oven. Any oven temperature from 250°F to 450°F may be set. A fan gently circulates heated air throughout the
oven, over and around the food. Because the heated air is kept constantly moving, some foods cook slightly faster than in regular oven cooking (and with no pre-heating).  (GE manual)

After I took the cakes out, I took the kids to Stevie B's for some pizza to give the cakes time to cool.  By the time I got home, there were ready to be frosted.







TA' DA!!


Tomorrow I will post a picture of the cake's insides!!  I can not wait to see it myself.  Kayla helped me in making a red, white, and blue bunting to top the cake.

Thank you GE for another perfect dish!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and following me. I just wanted to let you that I am already following you back.
    I look forward to reading more from your Blog. I hope you'll stop by to visit my blog from time to time.
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake looks really good. I look forward to visiting all the Southern mom bloggers. I am orginally from Lower Alabama (LA) but I currently live in Arkansas. I am a Christian Mom blogger. I am glad I found all of you. Blessings Always, Diane Roark www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. postingan yang bagus tentang 4th of July Cake

    ReplyDelete