Friday, June 29, 2012

How GE saved an almost bad night!!

My kids have been out of town this week!  Kayla went to Georgia Camp with the church youth and Brody and my mom went to her cabin at our other church  camp.  Had I not had homework projects I would have had alot of sewing done.

On Tuesday night, Jeff call to say he was running late and that he could pick up hamburgers on the way, could I call it in.  Well, anyone that knows Jeff knows he does not eat alot of red meat.  When he mentions it I get excited!!! 

Ever since our favorite place to get real burgers changed to a fish place, the closest place HE will eat a burger is 20 min away.  I am usually in charge of placing the order, so I called it in!

2 burgers, well done, no butter on the bread, no mayo, dry baked potato and steamed broccoli.  I have to make sure of the 1st 3 items - well done, no butter on the bread, no mayo.

About 45 min. later Jeff arrives home with our food and I am starving.  The first thing I ask was "Did you check the food". "Yes, you reminded me!!"  We had planned to watch a movie with our burgers.  Jeff took his burger out while I was piling the lowfat ranch dressing in my potato and took a bite!  And guess what!!! The inside was RED.... grosssss.... I couldn't eat it.  It was too late to go back and get a new one :(       (and there was mayo on the bottom of mine)

There are certain times of the month I will cry over food (pms), but not tonight!  I wanted that hamburger..... and I thought to my self... Duh.... the GE Advantium Over-the-Range Oven can fix this!

I put my hamburger patty in the oven and went to the pre-set speedcooker option.  In the food category I selected Meats -> Hamburger -> Well Done -> 1-2 pattys and pressed start.
Food category list from the GE Advantium Manual




Look how WELL and juicy this burger is!!!

In less than 7 minutes that hamburger was done.  There was no trace of pink in the burger and the burger was even juicer.

So, that night, Jeff and I were able to enjoy our burgers with our movie!!

THANK YOU GE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment