Tuesday, January 12, 2010

About my new dishes.....

I have been wanting a new set of dishes for a while, but a new set of dishes is just not in our budget. Well leave it to me ..... have you heard of a site called Freecycle?

Freecycle is a network of people grouped by area that give "stuff away". When you first go to the website you will want to search in the area that you live. Next, create an account and start browsing. You can post items you want to get rid of or you can post items you need. It just has to be free.

Over Christmas break a lady posted that she had about 8 - 10 pieces each of dinner plates, salad plates, soup bowls, and saucers of the Mikasa French Countryside dinnerware. I googled to see the set and sent her an email.

You have to be quick answering the posts, it is first come first serve on the items. Within ten minutes she emailed me back and said they were mine. All I had to do is go to her porch and pick them up. She only lived 2 miles from my house. How awesome is FREE!!

She has since emailed me and said if she finds any more pieces she will let me know.















Tara

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! I am going to have to check out that freecycle thing. Those Mikasa French countryside are beautiful! When I was engaged, I registered for Mikasa English Countryside for my everyday dishes. I love them and still use them today! What a great find! Congrats.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dishes, don't you just love it when you find fabulous things for free!

    ReplyDelete