Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicken Vegetable Soup

Even though it is looking like Spring here in the South, it is never too warm for my Chicken Vegetable Soup!

Here is the recipe:

1 can of yellow or shoepeg corn
1 can of white corn
1 can of sliced potatoes
1 can of green beans
1 large can tomatoe sauce
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 can of butter bean
1 can of green limas
1 can of sliced carrots
2 sm packs (or 1 large) of boneless chicken breast


Here is how I mix it:

I put the chicken in the crock pot at 7 am. Set it to cook at 180 degrees. When I got home from work, I took out the chicken and strained the broth. I added the broth back to the crock pot and then added all of the cans of veggies...
(NOTE: I only use the can juice of the peas, carrots, white corn, limas, and butter beans...the rest I drain. Using the juice from the cans keeps me from having to add salt.) You can also add a small can of tomato paste to thicken the soup if needed. I turn my crock pot on high, pick the chicken apart, and add it back to the soup. You can use chicken breast with the bone to produce more stock.

I usually serve it with Jiffy cornbread, cause I like the sweet stuff.

I hope you enjoy! Leave me a note if you try it!! It is sure not to disappoint!


Tara

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment