Thursday, May 3, 2012

Littles Carry All Caddy

Spring Semester is over and I am starting back on project that I have set aside.  

Over Christmas my SIL's mother have given me 8 Lilltes Carry-All Caddies from Thirty-One.  They are the cutest bags.  If you have ever bought from Thrity-one or just seen the bags you know that the uses of theses bags are unlimited.  Mrs. Donna works for a elementary school and she wanted me to add numbers to the back so when the classes went out, items collected on the play ground can be put in the bags and taken to each level.

No problem I told her, until I saw the bags...they were small.  No problem if I had  to a freestanding multi-needle machine that is made to embroider on small items that don't bend with metal rims. 

Thirty-one Littles Carry-All Caddy   



The bags are plain on all sides, except one.  I put the embroidery on the opposite side of this pocket.

I turned the bag inside out and lined up the center of the bag with the center of the embroidery hoop.
Then because the rim of the bag is metal and will not bend, I pulled just the top of the bag back just enough for the needle to work.






Here are the bags finished.  I used 3 inch letters from 8 claws and a Paw Embroidery.


 I think they turned out GREAT!!!



11 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. I'm stopping in from the twitter hop. I'm following via twitter and gfc. I host a weekly link party on Wednesdays and I'd love for you to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great! I love how they turned out. I'm a new follower from iheartpears.blogspot.com and would love if you followed me back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just passed on an award to you! Come to my blog and check it out!

    Robin @ http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I wish I could figure out how to do more than turn my mom's old sewing machine on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete